Solar is a great alternative.
The Renogy 100w monocrystalline solar starter kit is to be used for
off grid applications
Use the Renogy 100w monocrystalline solar starter kit. It is perfect for people who want to start using solar.
You can use it for off-grid applications like boats, sheds trailers, RV's, campers and more.
With five or more hours sunlight per day, the output can be 500 watts or more. A 50 amp hour battery can system is from 50% within less than three hours.
The system makes use of pulse width modulation technology.
The following items are included in the Renogy 100w
12 volt monocrystalline solar starter kit:
- A 100 Watt 12 volt monocrystalline solar panel.
- A 20 feet 10AWG MC4 adaptor kit.
- A 30A PWM Wanderer Charge Controller.
- A full set of Z brackets.
How does the 100w starter kit work?
The solar panel
- There are pre-drilled holes at the back of the100w Monocrystalline solar panel. It is easy to install and use it for a wide variety of applications.
- High transmission tempered glass protects the panels against hail damage.
- The solar kit uses a 30A PWM negative ground Wanderer charge controller. It protects against overcharging, overload, reversed polarity as well as short-circuiting.
- With the wanderer charge controller, it is possible to expand your system up to most of 400 watts.
- Water must never enter the controller. Take care to install it indoors in a cool and well-ventilated area.
- An 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable connects your charge controller and battery.
- A 20 feet 10AWG MC4 adaptor kit connects the solar panel to the charge controller.
- An inverter is optional depending on the type of electrical equipment you want to use.
The Renogy Z-Bracket Mount System
- The system is to help with the installation of panels generally in off grid situations.
- The system comes complete with brackets, bolts, washers and fasteners.
- The system is easy and affordable and it is quick to do an installation.
- Broad off grid applications is possible because the controller is negative grounded.
- Grid independence and quiet production of power.
- It ensures reliable output during shady low light conditions by using bypass diodes.
- It uses a corrosion-resistant aluminum frame. This ensures the panels to last for decades of outdoor usage.
- The solar panels are water resistant.
- The high transmission tempered glass of the solar panel handles hail up to 1 inch in diameter.
- With the step by step instructions that Renogy provides. The system is easy to install. Mounting is fast, easy and inexpensive.
- There is a 25-year transferable output guarantee on the solar panels.
- It guarantees 5 years of a 95% efficiency rate.
- For 5 to10 years a 90% efficiency rate, and from 10 to 25 years an 80% efficiency rate.
- It includes a 5-year material and workmanship warranty on the panels.
Take care of the following
- When charging the batteries make sure there is enough ventilation. It is possible that explosive gases may build up while charging.
- One must always connect the charge controller to the battery first. Only then you can connect to the solar panel. This prevents possible high open circuit voltage at the terminals.
- All connections into and from the controller should be tight. It can happen that there are sparks when making the connection. No flammable materials or gases should be close to the installation.
Some valuable remarks about the Renogy 100w solar system
The kit has a reasonable price. With a bit of extra money, it is better to replace the Wanderer charge controller with an MPPT controller. It becomes possible to generate a much higher return. you can also prevent system failure.
One person has mounted the panel on top of his trailer. That ensured charging while driving from one campsite to the other.
The charge controller is then mounted on the inside of the trailer. He takes the Adaptor Kit through a hole in the trailer and connects it to the Renogy solar panel.
Another person has strapped the panel down with his ratchet tie, on top of his pop-up camper. That ensured the system to be portable and much more flexible. He can use it for various applications.
Also, it is no problem if the panel is flat on a surface. It still performs very well and even gives a high output on cloudy days.
Some handy framework makes it possible to mount the panel with a required angle. This is to ensure max sunlight.
To ensure the largest output throughout the day it is best to adjust the angle at regular intervals. It maximizes exposure to the sun.
In a conclusion
It is possible to use the Renogy 100w solar starter kit for many off-grid applications.
With this easy to use system, you can enjoy many hours of quiet power generation.
Solar Panels Per Watt