The 120 Watt solar Panel can do many functions
120 Watt Solar Panel.
The 120 watt solar panel from Eco Worthy charges batteries. The module is
a foldable solar suitcase. It is a handy piece of equipment to use for charging
your 12-volt batteries and many other functions.
Eco Worthy manufactures the 120-watt solar suitcase. It is a plug and play solar system and easy to set up and use.
Eco Worthy is a good company to deal with. The company cares about its customers with high emphasis on after sale service...
The suitcase comes with a built-in 15 Amp charge controller. It protects
your connected batteries. It protects against overload, reverse connection
problems as well as overcharge.
The 120W Foldable Mono Solar Panel Kit includes the following;
2 x 60W Mono Solar Panels.
1 x pre-installed 15A charge controller.
1 pair pre-installed 10ft solar cables.
1 pair 30A alligator clips.
An adjustable aluminum stand.
A handle plus two latches contribute to making it a convenient and
easy to use solar briefcase.
When folded, the dimensions of the Monocrystalline 120 watt solar
panel are 34’ x 20’ x 3 inches.
It gives you an idea of how well it will fit in your car, boat or
RV or wherever you plan to use the solar briefcase.
When unfolded, the dimensions are 34’ x 40.5’ x 1.4’.
It has a weight of 29 Lbs.
You can click here to buy a similar product.
120 Watt solar panel
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc):
Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp):
Optimum Operating Current (Imp):
Short-Circuit Current (Isc):
- There is a 25-year transferable output guarantee on the solar panels.
- For 10 years, it guarantees a 90% efficiency rate and from 10 to 25 years an 80% efficiency rate.
- It includes a 2-year material and workmanship warranty on the panels.
The solar suitcase is good to use for;
Off-grid solar panel systems.
Greenhouse solar system.
Solar pump watering systems.
34’ x 40.5’ x 1.4’ inches.
How does the 120 Watt solar panel work?
The ECO-WORTHY 120 watt 12volt foldable Monocrystalline Solar
Panel generates cheap electricity.
Open the solar suitcase and direct it to the sun. Remember when perpendicular to the sun you get peak performance.
Connect the appliance to the load terminal of the connector.
Connect the male weather pack connector with alligator clips.
Connect it to the female weather pack connector from the controller.
Clamp red and black alligator clips to positive and negative ends of the battery.
Remember first to connect the battery to the load and then connect to the solar panel to prevent damage due to overload.
The Charge Controller
- It utilizes waterproof IP22
- It provides protection against insertion of fingers.
- Automatic detection of 12
and 24V system.
- PWM charging is available.
It uses 3-stage charging algorithm; impulse, bulk, and float.
- The controller provides reverse battery pole connection protection
as well as lightning protection.
- It comes with an adjustable timer and light sensor.
15A PWM Charge Controller Specs
Nominal output: 12V/24V
Max charge current: 15A
Max load current: 15A
Max solar panel: 270Watt/540Watt
Over discharge protection: 10.8V/21.6V
Float charge: 13.8V/27.6V
Advantages associated with the 120 watt solar panel
- The 120 watt solar panel kit serves as a very good plug and play
system. It is lightweight and easy to use and it comes at a good price.
- It still charges when it is overcast or the sun is behind the
- The charge controller comes pre-wired for 12V battery charging.
- With the given wires and crocodile clips it is possible to connect
to a battery in seconds.
- The suitcase is resistant to salt corrosion and humidity and it is
available in 4 color options.
- The module provides high conversion efficiency. It composes of a
multi-crystal solar cell with an efficiency of over 17%. It produces a dollar/watt ratio much more than
- The system folds up. It makes handling easy and it is easy to
store. The solar suitcase does not take a lot of space.
- It has a heavy duty handle which gives a firm grip and carrying
the panel is a breeze. Without the handle, it would be very difficult to carry
around, and would hardly be a solar briefcase.
- The panel comes with a lightweight anodized aluminum frame. It is
corrosion-resistant and meant for outdoor use. The panels can last for decades.
- The quality of construction is very good.
- It withstands high winds up to 2400Pa and snow loads up to 5400
- The panel comes with reinforced safety and anti-reflection coated glass which is 3.2 mm thick.
- The adjustable kickstand allows you to adjust to the angle of the sun. This ensures largest output throughout the day.
- The system uses a waterproof IP-65 rated junction box.
- The junction box is water and dust proof. It is also resistant to salt corrosion and humidity.
The module requires little maintenance. It is a good idea to use warm water and a
soft sponge or cloth to clean your panel at regular intervals.
You will ensure efficiency at a constant high level.
- The legs are flimsy, but reinforcing is possible at low cost and
- Some people want the cords that attach the batteries to be a bit
- A type of covering for battery clips to prevent a short circuit
when they touch would be a good idea.
- The briefcase folds with the cells on the outside. It leaves them exposed to possible scratching or damage when not in use.
- When folding take care not to damage the wires exposed underneath the legs.
- The set up is easy, but some people would like clearer documentation.
Great and fast shipping!
It is a good idea to buy or use an old soft blanket to cover the
PV when not in use.
In a conclusion
The 120 watt solar panel is a good quality module and produces the required voltage and current.
This is a great charger for the money spent.
You can click here to buy a similar product.
If you purchase a product through a link on this page, I do get a small percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.