A Renogy 100 watt
solar kit to be used for
off grid applications
100 watt solar kit to use for many applications. It is perfect for people who want to start using solar.
Use it for off the grid applications; Sheds, boats, RV's, trailers and campers.
On a seven hour sunshine in mid-summer, it can generate 600 watt.
7 Times 100 watt = 700 watt.
Take into account a 15% loss and you have 700 times 85/100 = 595 watt.
Round to 600 watt per 7 hour day.
The system makes use of pulse width modulation technology.
The following items are included in the Renogy
100 watt solar kit
Renogy 100 watt solar kit.
- A 100 Watt 12 volt monocrystalline solar panel.
- A 20 feet 10AWG MC4 adaptor kit.
- A 30A PWM Wanderer Charge Controller.
- A full set of Z brackets.
How does the Renogy
100 watt solar kit work?
The solar panel
- There are pre-drilled holes at the back of the100w Monocrystalline solar panel. It is easy to install and use it for a wide variety of applications.
- High transmission tempered glass protects the panels against hail damage.
Charge controller for the Renogy
100 watt solar kit
- The solar kit uses a 30A PWM negative ground Wanderer charge controller. It protects against overcharging, overload, reversed polarity as well as short-circuiting.
- With this charger you can expand your system up to most of 400 watts.
- Water must never enter the controller. Take care to install it indoors in a cool and well-ventilated area.
- An 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable connects your charge controller and battery.
- A 20 feet 10AWG MC4 adaptor kit connects the solar panel to the charge controller.
- An inverter is optional depending on the type of electrical equipment you want to use.
The Renogy Z-Bracket Mount System
- The system is to help with the installation of panels generally in off grid situations.
- The system comes complete with brackets, bolts, washers and fasteners.
- The system is easy and affordable and it is quick to do an installation.
Advantages associated with the Renogy
100 watt solar kit
- Broad off grid applications is possible because the controller is negative grounded.
- Grid independence and quiet production of power.
- It ensures reliable output during shady low light conditions by using bypass diodes.
- The frame is anti-corrosive. This ensures the modules to last many years of outdoor usage.
- The solar panels are water resistant.
- With the step by step instructions that Renogy provides. The system is easy to install. Mounting is fast, easy and inexpensive.
It has a 25 years output warranty.
95% Efficiency for 5 years, 90 for 5 - 10 years, and 80% from 10 - 25 years.
It has five years warranty on workmanship as well as material.
Take care of the following
- When charging the batteries make sure there is enough ventilation. It is possible that explosive gases may build up while charging.
- One must always connect the charge controller to the battery first. Only then you can connect to the solar panel. This prevents possible high open circuit voltage at the terminals.
- All connections into and from the controller should be tight. It can happen that there are sparks when making the connection. No flammable materials or gases should be close to the installation.
Some valuable remarks about the Renogy 100 watt solar kit
One person has mounted the panel on top of his trailer. That ensured charging while driving from one campsite to the other.
The charge controller is then mounted on the inside of the trailer. He takes the Adaptor Kit through a hole in the trailer and connects it to the Renogy solar panel.
Another person has strapped the panel down with his ratchet tie, on top of his pop-up camper. That ensured the system to be portable and much more flexible. He can use it for various applications.
Also, flat on a surface is no problem. It performs very well and also with a high output when a bit cloudy.
With a handy framework it is possible to mount the panel with an angle for maximum sunlight.
Adjust angle regularly to realize most exposure to sunshine.
In a conclusion
It is possible to use the Renogy 100 watt solar panel kit for many off-grid applications.
With this easy to use system, you can enjoy many hours of quiet power generation.
If you purchase a product through a link on this page, I do get a small percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.